Baked Trout and couscous and salad
Super quick, super easy, super healthy!
- 300 ml vegetable stock organic
- 300 g couscous organic, fairtrade
- 4 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 800 g trout fillets skinned, about 150g - 200g each
- 2 lemons zested and juiced, organic, fairtrade
- 1 dash black pepper freshly ground, organic, fairtrade
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar organic, fairtrade
- 2 tbsp fresh mint organic, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley organic, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives organic, chopped
- 8 spring onions organic, trimmed and sliced
- 320 g green salad organic, to serve
- Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour over the hot vegetable stock. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil, cover and leave to stand for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Check the trout for bones. Rub half the lemon zest onto the flesh of the trout on both sides and season.
- In a bowl, make up a vinaigrette by mixing the balsamic vinegar, half the lemon juice and the remaining zest.
- Fluff up the couscous with a fork and stir in the remaining lemon juice and the chopped herbs.
- Place a griddle pan over a high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. When it is hot, add the trout fillets skin side down and cook for 6 - 7 minutes. Do not turn over.
- Remove the trout to plates.
- Put the spring onions in the griddle pan with the vinaigrette and fry for 2 - 3 minutes. Pour the spring onions and juices over the trout and serve with the couscous and green salad.
Alternative cooking method You can also oven bake the trout at 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6. Wrap the trout in a parcel of lightly greased foil and bake for 15-20 minutes. In a hurry or not all eating together? You can prepare the fish ready for cooking and make the couscous ahead of time so this dish can be ready in minutes.
Calories: 635kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 58g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 6g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 150mg | Sodium: 332mg | Potassium: 1399mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 6250IU | Vitamin C: 75.1mg | Calcium: 260mg | Iron: 3.8mg