A super quick dish, ideal for mid-week. This recipe is also good with chicken.You can use gluten free tortillas if you need to.
- 2 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 2 red peppers organic, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 2 yellow peppers organic, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 2 red onions organic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 500 g sirloin steak trimmed and cut into strips
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika organic
- 1 tsp ground cumin organic, fairtrade
- 8 tortillas organic
- 8 tbsp fat free soured cream organic, optional
- 320 g green salad organic, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the peppers and onions over a high heat until browned.
- Remove from the pan and set to one side. Add the steak and cook for 1 minute (if using chicken, you will need longer, check it is cooked through).
- Add the paprika and cumin and stir. Tip the onions and peppers back into the pan and mix everything together.
- Warm the tortillas
- Place everything together with the tortillas, soured cream and salad, in the middle of the table and let people help themselves.
In a hurry or not all eating together? You can cook the onions and peppers in advance then you only need to fry the steak when you are ready. This dish can also be eaten cold, or re-heated.
Calories: 627kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 758mg | Potassium: 1001mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 6750IU | Vitamin C: 331.7mg | Calcium: 250mg | Iron: 6.5mg