Beef Goulash is a great one pot dish and a good one for feeding a crowd or making a batch of. I like to serve it with jacket potato, that way I can come home to a meal that is ready to go on the table. It's also good with rice.
- 4 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 500 g diced beef organic
- 1 onions organic, peeled and diced
- 1 red peppers organic, de-seeded and diced
- 1 green peppers organic, de-seeded and diced
- 1 red chillis organic, de-seeded and diced
- 1 garlic cloves organic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp sweet smoked paprika organic
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder organic, fairtrade
- 400 g chopped tomatoes organic, tinned
- 400 ml beef stock organic
- 2 tbsp tomato puree organic
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 4 baking potatoes organic
- 3 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 100 ml soured cream organic, to serve
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley organic, leaves chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 150°C/300°F/gas mark 2
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large ovenproof casserole dish and fry the meat until browned. You may need to do this in batches if you are cooking a large quantity. Remove the meat from the pan.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and over a medium heat fry the onions and peppers for about 5 minutes until they start to soften.. Add the chopped chilli and garlic and fry for a further 2 minutes
- Add the paprika and chilli powder and stir so that everything is well coated. Fry for 1 minute.
- Add the tinned tomatoes, beef stock, tomato puree and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil then add the meat back.
- Cover the dish and place in the oven for 90 minutes.
- Wash, dry and prick the potatoes several times with a fork and rub with a little olive oil. Place on a baking tray and cook in the same oven as the goulash 90 minutes.
- Serve the goulash with a dollop of soured cream on top and a sprinkling of parsley together with the jacket potato. Perfect autumn fare!
This can be frozen for up to 6 months and kept in the fridge for 2 - 3 days.
Calories: 585kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 45gFat: 27gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 116mgSodium: 814mgPotassium: 1348mgFiber: 8gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 4750IUVitamin C: 216.2mgCalcium: 100mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!