Beef Stir Fry with Rice
It's easiest to prepare this beef stir fry in a wok, or use a large frying pan if you don't have one. Make sure you buy good quality beef, otherwise it will be tough. If you are looking for gluten free, you can buy some soy sauces that are gluten free. I suggest finishing this dish off with sesame seeds as they are extremely good for you on so many levels, so I always take the opportunity to add them to a dish if I can.
- 300 g basmati rice organic, fairtrade
- 1 tsp cumin seeds organic, fairtrade
- 1 tsp coriander seeds organic, fairtrade
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce organic
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce organic
- 40 g sesame seeds organic, fairtrade (optional)
- 2 tbsp sesame oil organic, fairtrade
- 400 g lean beef fillet organic, thinly sliced
- 400 g carrots organic, peeled, grated
- 2 red peppers organic, de-seeded, cut thin slices
- 150 g peas organic
- Put the rice on to cook as per the packet instructions, then drain.
- Using a pestle and mortar or the back of a spoon, grind together the cumin and coriander seeds. Add the sweet chilli sauce and soy sauce, mix together then leave to one side.
- Heat the wok and dry fry the sesame seeds for 2 minutes. Remove them just as they are starting to colour and put to one side.
- Add a little of the sesame oil to the wok and when it's hot, fry the steak for 2 - 3 minutes then remove it with a slotted spoon.
- Fry the carrots and peppers in the wok for 5 - 7 minutes. Keep stirring so they don't burn. After 2 minutes, add the peas.
- Return the meat to the wok and pour over the sauce mix. Stir for 2 minutes to re-heat.
- Serve the beef stir fry with the rice and sprinkle the sesame seeds over the top.
In a hurry or not all eating together? You can part prepare this dish in advance by frying the sesame seeds and the vegetables and mixing together the sauce. I suggest you only fry the meat when you are ready otherwise it may be tough.
Calories: 554kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 38gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 1065mgPotassium: 990mgFiber: 8gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 19000IUVitamin C: 185.6mgCalcium: 190mgIron: 7.2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!