Chicken with Red Pesto and Olives
Chicken combied with pesto and olives makes such a lovely colourful summer dish, very simple to prepare and the flavours all work so well together. Cooking wine has a much lower alcohol content than normal wine so you may prefer to use this instead.
- 2 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 4 chicken breasts organic, boneless 130g - 175g per person
- 750 g new potatoes organic, washed
- 1 red peppers organic, de-seeded and diced
- 1 courgettes organic, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves organic, peeled and crushed
- 100 ml white wine organic, fairtrade or cooking wine
- 150 ml chicken stock organic
- 3 tbsp tomato puree organic
- 2 tbsp red pesto organic
- 60 g low fat creme fraiche organic
- 150 g pitted black olives organic, fairtrade
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 10 g fresh basil leaves organic, chopped
- Heat the olive oil over a high heat in a large frying pan and brown the chicken breasts on both sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and simmer the new potatoes for around 15 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, add the pepper, courgette and garlic to the frying pan and fry for around 5 minutes, until they start to soften.
- Pour in the wine and let it bubble for 1 minute. Stir in the stock, tomato puree and red pesto.
- Return the chicken breasts to the pan, lower the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes until the chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Stir in the creme fraiche and olives and season with black pepper.
- Serve with the new potatoes and basil leaves sprinkled over the top.
In a hurry or not all eating together? This dish can be reheated. Can be frozen for 3 - 4 months
Calories: 552kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 44gFat: 26gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 111mgSodium: 1328mgPotassium: 977mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1250IUVitamin C: 110.6mgCalcium: 120mgIron: 2.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!