Fajitas are a super quick dish, ideal for mid-week and can be cooked with any meat or just veg.You can use gluten free tortillas if you need to.
- 2 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 2 red peppers organic, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 2 yellow peppers organic, de-seeded and cut into strips
- 2 red onions organic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 500 g chicken or any other meat trimmed and cut into strips
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika organic
- 2 tsp ground cumin organic, fairtrade
- 8 tortillas organic
- 8 tbsp fat free soured cream organic, optional
- 320 g green salad organic, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the peppers and onions over a high heat until browned.
- Remove from the pan and set to one side. Add the meat and and stir fry until cooked through but don't overcook it as it will become tough.
- Add the paprika and cumin and stir. Tip the onions and peppers back into the pan and mix everything together.
- Warm the tortillas
- Place everything together with the tortillas, soured cream and salad, in the middle of the table and let people help themselves.
In a hurry or not all eating together? You can prep everything in advance then it will only take a few minutes. This dish can also be eaten cold, or re-heated.
Calories: 633kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 32gFat: 35gSaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 106mgSodium: 547mgPotassium: 872mgFiber: 5gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 3721IUVitamin C: 210mgCalcium: 147mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!