Fish Steaks with Ratatouille
Fish steaks go great with a ratatouille sauce and I always make at least double as it can be frozen and is a brilliant standby pasta sauce. You can also use it in the Mediterranean Lasagna recipe. Put it through the blender if your kids are fussy with vegetables, it actually really enhances the flavour.
- 750 g new potatoes organic, washed
- 2 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 2 red onions organic, peeled and diced
- 1 yellow peppers organic, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 red peppers organic, de-seeded and sliced
- 1 garlic cloves organic, peeled and crushed
- 2 courgettes organic, cut into batons
- 1 aubergine organic, cut into 1cm cubes
- 400 g tinned tomatoes organic
- 200 ml passata organic
- 10 g fresh basil organic, chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 800 g white fish fillets MSC certified about 200g per person
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil, add the potatoes and simmer for 15 minutes until tender.
- Add the olive oil to a large pan and over a medium heat, fry the onions, pepper and garlic for around 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the courgettes and aubergines and fry for a further 5 - 7 minutes.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and passata and stir in most of the basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish in a large oven proof dish and pour the ratatouille over the top. Bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes until the fish is cooked through. You can also cook this on the hob if you prefer and your pan is big enough.
- Sprinkle the remaining basil over the ratatouille and serve with the new potatoes.
In a hurry or not all eating together? This dish can be prepared in advance and re-heated. Can be frozen for up to 6 months.
Calories: 539kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 46gFat: 20gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 436mgPotassium: 1457mgFiber: 11gSugar: 16gVitamin A: 3050IUVitamin C: 304.4mgCalcium: 160mgIron: 2.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!