With just 3 ingredients, this is possibly the easiest thing you'll ever make and no need to dash to the shops when you've run out of bread. It's also very versatile, see the serving suggestions below. For lunch or a snack, I use 50g of flour and yoghurt per person.
- 200 g self raising flour organic
- 1 tsp baking powder organic
- 200 g greek yoghurt or natural yoghurt, organic
- Pre-heat the grill
- Add the flour, baking powder and yoghurt to a bowl and mix together with a spoon.
- Now use your hands to form the mixture into a dough
- Divide the mixture into 4 or however many you need (50g of mixture does 1 flatbread)
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface and place on a baking sheet
- Grill for 1-2 minutes each side until slightly browned.
- Serving suggestions:-Enjoy plain drizzled with olive oilDrizzle with garlic butterSlice into strips and use with dipsEnjoy like a bruscetta and spread with pesto and add chopped tomatoes, buffalo mozarella and fresh basil then place back under the grill to melt the cheese.Treat it like a pizza base, cover with passata and add your favourite toppings and grated mozarella cheese then grill until the cheese is melted.Enjoy with a curry instead of naan bread or with soup
These flatbreads are best enjoyed fresh but can be kept for 2 days in an airtight container. They can be frozen for up to 3 months. Separate with greaseproof paper to stop them freezing together.
Calories: 219kcalCarbohydrates: 39gProtein: 11gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 128mgPotassium: 50mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 29IUCalcium: 125mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!