Fresh Trout Fillets with New Potatoes and Salad
You could use any oily fish fillets for this recipe. This is such an easy dish to make, there is really very little to do!
- 700 g new potatoes organic, washed, larger ones halved.
- 400 g trout fillets about 100g each
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 1 lemons organic, fairtrade, juice and zest
- 4 tbsp low fat creme fraiche organic
- 1 tbsp fresh chives organic, chopped
- 400 g cherry tomatoes organic
- 320 g green salad organic
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and simmer the new potatoes for 15 - 20 minutes until tender.
- Slash the skin side of the fillets and season with salt and pepper.
- With 5 minutes to go for the potatoes, heat the oil in a frying pan over a high heat and fry the fillets skin side down together with the lemon zest for 2 - 3 minutes until the skin is crisp.
- Turn the fish over and fry the other side for 2 minutes.
- Stir the lemon juice, creme fraiche and chives together in a bowl.
- Serve the trout with the potatoes, creme fraiche, cherry tomatoes and green salad.
In a hurry or not all eating together? Prepare the creme fraiche mixture and keep it in the fridge. Zest the lemon. Don't cook the fish until you are ready. Many people enjoy new potatoes cold so you could also prepare these and leave aside if you need to cook a portion or two later, alternatively, see tip below on microwaving new potatoes. How to cook new potatoes in the microwave. This is useful if you are just doing one or two portions. Place the potatoes in a microwavable dish with 10ml of cold water. Cover and cook on full power 2 - 3 minutes for one portion. Leave to stand for 1 - 2 minutes before serving. Two portions will take twice as long etc.
Calories: 363kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 362mg | Potassium: 1315mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 5350IU | Vitamin C: 65.2mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 2mg