Grilled Trout with Spaghetti and Pesto
Trout is an oily fish and very good for you. It is also relatively cheap. This recipe is very simple and super quick.
- 400 g spaghetti organic
- 50 g breadcrumbs organic
- 2 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley organic, chopped
- 25 g pine nuts fairtrade
- 2 lemons organic, fairtrade
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 800 g trout fillets 150g - 200g each, skin on
- 4 tbsp green pesto organic
- 320 g green salad organic
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti as per the packet instructions, then drain.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, olive oil, parsley, pine nuts and juice and zest of half the lemons together in a bowl and season with black pepper.
- Turn the grill to high
- Lay the trout fillets skin side down on a greased baking tray and spoon the breadcrumb mixture evenly over the fillets.
- Grill for 5 - 6 minutes. Do not turn over.
- Stir the pesto through the spaghetti
- Cut the remaining lemons into quarters and serve with the trout fillets, spaghetti and green salad.
In a hurry or not all eating together? You can prepare the breadcrumb topping in advance then this is a very quick and straightforward meal to prepare. For the breadcrumbs, you can use leftover bread or crusts and whizz up in a food processor. For gluten free, just leave out the breadcrumbs.
Calories: 720kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 64g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 153mg | Sodium: 482mg | Potassium: 1340mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 5950IU | Vitamin C: 74.3mg | Calcium: 290mg | Iron: 4.9mg