Homemade burgers are the best! Like all the BBQ recipes on this site, you can also cook this meal indoors, just in case the weather lets you down. These burgers can be frozen uncooked for 3 - 4 months.
- 2 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 1 onions organic, peeled, finely chopped
- 500 g lean minced beef organic
- 25 g fresh coriander organic, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard organic
- 1 eggs organic, beaten
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 10 g butter organic
- 4 corn on the cob organic
- 4 bread rolls organic (optional)
- 2 tomatoes organic, sliced
- 320 g green salad organic
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the onions until soft. Remove from the pan and leave to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix the mince, coriander, mustard and egg. Add the onions and season with salt and pepper.
- Using your hands, shape the mixture into 4 equal sized burgers.
- Rub the butter on the corn on the cob and wrap them individually in foil, twisting the end. Place on the hot BBQ and turn over after about 10 minutes. They should be cooked in 20 - 25 minutes. Alternatively, you can boil the cobs for 10 minutes. Don't add salt to the water as this will make the corn tough.
- Place the burgers on the BBQ with the corn on the cob and cook for about 10 minutes, turning once. Alternatively, you can cook them under the grill.
- Cut the rolls in half, add the burgers and sliced tomatoes and serve with the corn on the cob and salad.
Calories: 383kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 210mg | Potassium: 1047mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2133IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 5mg