Jersey Royal and Feta Frittata
This is a great way to enjoy Jersey Royals. Serve with some asparagus for a great seasonal dish.
- 500 g Jersey Royal potatoes organic, washed and cut into slices
- 200 g frozen peas organic
- 1 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 8 spring onions trimmed and finely sliced, organic
- 6 eggs free range or organic
- 50 ml milk organic
- 4 tbsp fresh mint organic, chopped
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 1 dash salt optional
- 170 g feta cheese organic, diced
- 16 stems asparagus organic, woody ends removed
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Add the potato slices and cook for 5 minutes until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Add the frozen peas to the water and cook for 3 - 4 minutes until they all rise to the top then remove with a slotted spoon. Keep the water on a low heat.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and gently fry the spring onions until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the milk and add the chopped mint and season with salt and pepper. Stir in the potato slices, feta and peas then pour everything into the frying pan. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes on the hob until almost set. Finish off under the grill for a few minutes.
- Whilst the frittata is cooking, add the asparagus spears to the water and cook for around 5 minutes until tender.
- Cut the frittata into wedges and serve with the asparagus.
Not all eating at the same time or in a hurry? This dish can be prepared in advance and either re-heated or eaten cold.
Calories: 408kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 675mg | Potassium: 419mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 2800IU | Vitamin C: 29.7mg | Calcium: 310mg | Iron: 5.6mg