Lemon and Thyme Lamb Chops
These lamb chops are an easy everything on the BBQ meal, but can also be cooked inside in case of rain! The lamb chops can be marinaded overnight, which really enhances the flavour, or one hour will do.To marinade the chops, put everything into a large freezer bag, seal it, shake it and store in the fridge. You will also need bamboo skewers (2 per person). Soak these for 30 minutes in cold water before using to prevent them from burning.
- 8 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 1 lemons organic, fairtrade, juice and zest of
- 1 tbsp thyme organic
- 8 lamb chops 2cm thick, 2 per adult, 1 per child
- 750 g new potatoes organic, washed
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 1 sprig rosemary organic, leaves chopped
- 4 corn on the cob organic, optional
- 1 red onion organic, cut into wedges
- 16 cherry tomatoes organic
- 1 yellow pepper organic, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 aubergine organic, cut into chunks about 3cm²
- 1 courgette organic, sliced chunks about 2cm
- 1 tbsp clear honey organic
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard organic
- 320 g green salad organic, optional
- Mix the olive oil, lemon juice and zest together with the thyme and place in a freezer bag together with the lamb chops to marinade from 1 hour to 24.
- Place the potatoes in a pan of boiling water and simmer for 12 - 15 minutes until almost tender. Drain then tip back into the pan. If you want to BBQ them, and add a dash of olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary. Toss them around so they are well covered and wrap loosely in a large sheet of foil. Cook on the BBQ in the foil for 25 minutes.
- Wrap the corn on the cob in 2 layers of foil and cook on the BBQ for 30 - 35 minutes. Alternatively, you can boil it for 6 - 8 minutes in unsalted water.
- Thread the onion, tomatoes, pepper, aubergine and courgette onto the skewers. Mix the honey and mustard with a little olive oil and brush over the kebabs
- Grill or BBQ the vegetable skewers for 10 - 15 minutes turning occasionally.
- Place the chops under a high heat on a grill or BBQ and cook for around 10 minutes, turning once.
- Serve everything together for a really colourful summer BBQ/indoor BBQ meal.
Calories: 723kcalCarbohydrates: 74gProtein: 23gFat: 40gSaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 122mgPotassium: 2014mgFiber: 12gSugar: 20gVitamin A: 1675IUVitamin C: 162.1mgCalcium: 85mgIron: 4.6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!