Marinated Chicken with Rosemary and Lemon
This BBQ chicken is so simple and yet so tasty. It's amazing the flavour just a few ingredients can produce. As with all the BBQ recipes, you can also cook this in the oven if the British weather lets you down. Ideally, this should be marinaded overnight, but one hour will do if you forget (I know, because I have).
- 8 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 2 lemons organic, fairtrade, juiced
- 4 tbsp fresh rosemary organic, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves organic, peeled, crushed
- 4 chicken breasts organic, 125g-180g each
- 1 aubergine organic, sliced lengthways about 1/2 cm thick
- 2 courgettes organic, sliced lengthways about 1/2 cm thick
- 700 g new potatoes organic, washed
- 320 g green salad organic, to serve
- Mix the olive oil with half the lemon juice, half the rosemary and half the garlic. Pour into a large re-sealable plastic bag and add the chicken. Give it a good shake to completely coat the chicken and leave in the fridge for between 1 hour and overnight.
- Drizzle a little olive oil and rest of the lemon juice over the aubergine and courgette slices and leave them for about 1 hour.
- Put the new potatoes on to boil for 10 - 15 minutes until they are just tender. Drain and toss with a little olive oil, the rest of the crushed garlic and rosemary. Wrap in a large piece of greased tin foil to make a parcel. Place on the BBQ for about 25 minutes, turning occasionally. They are ready when they have crisped up on the outside. Alternatively, place them in a roasting tray and cook in the oven at 220°C/425°F/gas mark 7 for 25 minutes.
- Take out the chicken and discard the marinade. (you can't use this again as it has been on raw meat)
- Place the chicken on the BBQ or under the grill and cook 8 minutes each side or until the juices run clear. Cook the aubergine and courgette slices at the same time, 2 - 3 minutes each side.
- Serve everything together with a green salad.
Calories: 623kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 43gFat: 37gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 24gCholesterol: 104mgSodium: 780mgPotassium: 1403mgFiber: 9gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 4450IUVitamin C: 72.6mgCalcium: 130mgIron: 3.4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!