Mustard and Honey Pork Chops
Pork chops make a great mid-week dish as they are quick, easy to cook and relatively cheap too.
- 700 g potatoes Desiree, Maris Piper or King Edward, organic
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme organic,
- 10 g butter organic
- 500 g savoy cabbage organic
- 25 ml milk organic
- 2 tbsp runny honey organic
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard organic
- 800 g pork loin chops 200g each
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil. Peel the potatoes and cut into chunks about 2cm². Simmer in the water for 8 - 10 minutes until tender. Remove and drain.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, melt half the butter over a medium heat. Add the thyme leaves and fry for 3 minutes until soft.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium heat.
- Chop the cabbage into ribbons about 1cm thick then add to the frying pan with a splash of water. Cover the pan and cook for 8 - 10 minutes then drain. You can either stir this into the mash or leave separately. Cover the pan to keep warm.
- Mix the honey and mustard together in a bowl then brush the mixture over the chop. Place under the grill for 4 - 5 minutes. Turn over. Brush the other side with the honey and mustard and grill for 4 - 5 minutes until the chops are golden and cooked through.
- Serve together with the mash and the cabbage.
In a hurry or not all eating together? You can prepare the mash and cabbage and re-heat it when ready. Prepare the honey and mustard and grill the chops when you need them.
Calories: 493kcalCarbohydrates: 42gProtein: 49gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 446mgPotassium: 1972mgFiber: 9gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 1800IUVitamin C: 116.3mgCalcium: 100mgIron: 4.3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!