Oven baked Smoked Trout and Leek Risotto
Yes that's right, oven baked risotto so 10 minutes on the hob then bang it in the oven and you're done. This works well with any smoked fish. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 2 - 3 days.
- 10 g butter organic
- 2 leeks organic, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 300 g arborio rice organic
- 700 ml fish stock or use vegetable stock
- 250 ml milk organic
- 400 g smoked trout skinned, boned cut into bite sized chunks
- 3 tbsp low fat creme fraiche organic
- 100 g spinach organic
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 1 lemons organic, fairtrade, cut into wedges
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6
- Heat the butter in a large pan or oven-proof dish over a medium heat. Cook the leeks for 4 - 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until tender.
- Add the rice and and stir for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the hot stock and milk and bring to the boil. then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes whilst stirring.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to an over proof casserole dish.
- Place the fish on top of the rice and cover with a lid. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the rice is tender.
- Fold in the creme fraiche and spinach and season with salt and pepper. Cover again and let it rest for 3 minutes before serving with the lemon wedges.
Not all eating together or in a hurry? You can re-heat a portion of this if necessary although risotto is best eaten straight away. An oven baked risotto is less maintenance than one you have to stand over and this one is minimal effort.
Calories: 615kcalCarbohydrates: 68gProtein: 47gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 773mgPotassium: 1152mgFiber: 3gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 2950IUVitamin C: 24.8mgCalcium: 190mgIron: 6.1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!