Pasta Bake with Vegetables and Mozzarella
A tasty summer pasta dish that requires very little effort!
- 400 g pasta shapes organic, such as rigatoni or penne
- 2 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 2 courgettes organic, sliced
- 1 red peppers organic, de-seeded and diced
- 1 yellow pepper organic, de-seeded and diced
- 1 red onions organic, peeled and diced
- 100 g red pesto organic
- 100 g low fat cream cheese organic
- 1 dash black peper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 20 g fresh basil leaves organic, chopped
- 125 g buffalo mozzarealla organic, drained and sliced
- 320 g green salad organic, to serve
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water as per the packet instructions, then drain.
- Pre-heat the grill to medium
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan and over a medium heat, fry the courgette, peppers and onion until soft.
- Stir the red pesto and cream cheese into the pasta, making sure it is all coated. Stir over the heat for 2 minutes to heat it through.
- Stir in the vegetables, most of the basil and season with pepper. Tip everything into an oven proof dish.
- Scatter the sliced mozzarella over the top and cook under the grill for 5 minutes until the mozzarella has melted.
- Sprinkle the remainder of the basil over the top and serve with a green salad.
In a hurry or not all eating together. This dish can can prepared in advance and kept warm or re-heated when ready.
Calories: 511kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 749mg | Potassium: 830mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 6600IU | Vitamin C: 201.3mg | Calcium: 550mg | Iron: 4mg