Pork or Veal Stroganoff with rice
This is great leftover dish and super quick. Use up leftover pork, chicken or try British Rose Veal. It's also lovely cooked from scratch. British Rose Veal is ethically produced and has the stamp of approval from the RSPCA and Compassion in World Farming.
- 300 g basmati rice organic, fairtrade
- 350 g broccoli about 1 head for 4 people, cut into even sized florets, organic
- 500 g pork fillet or British Rose Veal, diced
- 2 tsp sweet smoked paprika organic, fairtrade
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 1 dash salt optional
- 1 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 250 g mushrooms organic, closed cup, sliced
- 2 leeks organic, washed and thinly sliced
- 300 ml low fat creme fraiche organic
- 4 tbsp fresh parsley organic, chopped, to serve (optional)
- Cook the rice as per the packet instructions. Steam the broccoli over the rice for the last 5 minutes.
- Coat the pork or veal in the paprika and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat and cook the mushrooms for 2 minutes, stirring then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the uncooked pork or veal and the leeks and fry for 3 - 5 minutes until the pork is cooked through. Add more oil if necessary.
- If you are using leftover pork, add it to the leeks and cook for about 2 minutes until it is heated through.
- Stir in the creme fraiche and simmer for 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms with the juices and check the seasoning.
- Serve with the rice and broccoli and sprinkle the chopped parsley over the top.
Not all eating together or in a hurry? This is a very quick dish to prepare and can be re-heated if you are not using leftover meat. This dish can be frozen for 3 - 4 months if using fresh pork or veal.
Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 1193mg | Potassium: 580mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 63% | Vitamin C: 178% | Calcium: 14% | Iron: 29%