Pork Stir Fry with Noodles
A wonderfully colourful summer dish that's really quick to cook!
- 2 tsp sesame oil organic, fairtrade
- 1 red peppers organic, deseeded and chopped
- 8 spring onions organic, trimmed and sliced
- 700 g pork fillet thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves organic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger organic, grated
- 1 mangoes organic, peeled, stone removed and diced
- 1 pak choi organic, chopped into ribbons
- 1 lime organic, fairtrade, juiced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce organic
- 75 ml vegetable stock organic
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 4 nests egg noodles organic, medium
- Heat the wok. Pour the sesame oil into the hot wok and fry the pepper and spring onions for 1 minute.
- Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions, then drain.
- Add the pork pieces and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, ginger, mango and pak choi and stir fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add the lime juice, soy sauce and hot stock and season with freshly ground black pepper. Continue to heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir the noodles into the vegetables and serve.
In a hurry or not all eating together? This dish is really quick to cook. You can prepare everything in advance and then you need just under 10 minutes. Tip for cutting mango Using a serrated knife, slice lengthways down the mango slightly left ofcentre so you can cut around the stone. Do the same on the other side so you have 2 "cheeks". Taking care not to cut all the way through to the skin, slice the flesh in the cheeks across diagonally one way and then the other to create diamond shapes. Now, turn the cheeks inside out and you can easily cut the diamonds off the skin. Cut the rest of the mango away from the stone.
Calories: 691kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 53g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 176mg | Sodium: 1149mg | Potassium: 1025mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 3200IU | Vitamin C: 146.9mg | Calcium: 100mg | Iron: 3.8mg