Prawn and Pea Risotto
This is a wonderful summery risotto with lovely sweet flavours. Risotto can sometimes be hard to do when you have lots of distractions, so in this version, there is minimal stirring. It still tastes great, but you get some breathing space.
- 20 g butter organic
- 1 onions organic, peeled and diced
- 300 g arborio rice organic
- 150 ml vermouth or white wine organic, fairtrade
- 400 g prawns MSC certified
- 200 g frozen peas organic
- 800 ml fish stock or vegetable stock
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 1 lemons organic, fairtrade, juice and zest of
- 40 g Parmesan cheese organic, grated
- 20 g fresh parsley organic, chopped
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan and when it is bubbling, add the onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir it around so it is well coated in the butter. Fry for 2 minutes. Pour in the wine or vermouth and stir until it has all evaporated.
- Add the prawns and peas then pour in the stock and season with black pepper. Give it all a gentle stir.
- Bring the pan to simmer then cover with a tight fitting lid and turn the heat down low. Cook for 15 - 20 minutes until the rice is softened, stirring occasionally.
- When the rice is cooked, stir in the lemon juice and parmesan. Let it rest for 2 minutes to allow it to go creamy.
- Serve with the parsley and lemon zest sprinkled over the top.
In a hurry or not all eating together? Risotto is best eaten fresh, but you can re-heat a portion. You may need to loosen it with a little hot stock. Keep it in the fridge as it contains prawns. If you prepare everything in advance and fry the onion, you can have this ready in 20 minutes.
Calories: 536kcal | Carbohydrates: 73g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 169mg | Sodium: 809mg | Potassium: 473mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 36% | Vitamin C: 45% | Calcium: 20% | Iron: 34%