Salmon and Jersey Royal Parcels
This salmon dish is very easy and a great way to enjoy Jersey Royal new potatoes which are just coming into season. This recipe also works well with trout. You will need tin foil or greaseproof paper to wrap the parcels.
- 800 g Jersey Royal potatoes organic
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- 800 g salmon fillets about 200g each, skinless, MSC certified
- 4 spring onions organic, finely chopped
- 100 g frozen peas organic
- 8 tbsp low fat creme fraiche organic
- 300 g broccoli organic, 1 head for 4 people, cut into florets
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas mark 7.
- Chop the potatoes into equal sized pieces about 3 cm and par-boil them for around 8 - 10 minutes until tender.
- Cut a large piece of tin foil or greaseproof paper per portion and fold so you have double thickness.
- Drain the potatoes and divide them between the foil or paper. Season with salt and pepper and place 1 salmon fillet on top of each pile of potatoes.
- In a bowl, mix together the spring onions, frozen peas and creme fraiche and spoon over the top of each fillet.
- Fold the foil or paper over the filling and fold or scrunch the edges to seal the parcel.
- Place the parcels on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 15 minutes until the salmon is cooked through.
- Place the broccoli on to steam around 5 minutes before the salmon is cooked.
- Open the parcels and place the salmon and potatoes on plates together with the broccoli.
Not all eating together or in a hurry? You can prepare these parcels in advance and keep in the fridge until you are ready to cook them.
Calories: 418kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 44gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.03gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 588mgPotassium: 474mgFiber: 7gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1400IUVitamin C: 164.2mgCalcium: 80mgIron: 2.7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!