Salmon and Pea Tagliatelle
Salmon tagliatelle is quick, easy and tasty!
- 350 g dried tagliatelle organic
- 200 g frozen peas organic
- 500 g salmon fillets MSC certified, about 125g per person
- 1 lemons organic, fairtrade, juice & zest of
- 20 g fresh parsley organic, leaves only, chopped
- 120 g low fat creme fraiche organic
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the pasta as per the packet instructions. Add the peas for the last 3 minutes, then drain and return everything to the pan.
- Place the salmon pieces in a large frying pan, cover with boiling water, place a lid on the top and simmer for 5 minutes until they are cooked through.
- Remove the salmon from the pan, keeping back a little of the water. Flake the fish into a bowl, leaving behind the skin. Stir in the lemon juice, zest and parsley.
- Over a low heat, stir the salmon and the creme fraiche into the tagliatelle and peas. Add a little of the water to loosen it if necessary.
- Serve immediately with some freshly ground black pepper sprinkled over the top.
In a hurry or not all eating together? This dish is very quick to prepare. If you know you are going to be pushed for time, you could use fresh tagliatelle instead which has a much shorter cooking time. The salmon can be cooked in advance, mixed with the lemon juice and parsley and kept in the fridge.
Calories: 491kcalCarbohydrates: 70gProtein: 38gFat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 151mgSodium: 381mgPotassium: 95mgFiber: 6gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1450IUVitamin C: 32.2mgCalcium: 20mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!