Sausage and Pumpkin Casserole
What to do with that pumpkin the kids have insisted you buy...this sausage casserole is a great crown pleaser and perfect for Halloween or bonfire night, or any cold autumn evening.
- 2 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 8 thin pork sausages organic, cut in half
- 1 onions organic, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic cloves organic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh sage organic, chopped
- 1 pumpkin organic, small/medium, flesh cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 tbsp plain flour organic
- 1 tbsp tomato puree organic
- 1 tsp runny honey organic, fairtrade
- 1 tsp dijon mustard organic
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce organic
- 240 g cannellini beans organic, fairtrade, drained weight
- 400 g chopped tomatoes organic, tinned
- 500 ml chicken stock organic
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley organic, chopped
- 4 baking potaotes organic
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°F/350°F/gas mark 4
- Heat the oil in a large pan or oven proof casserole dish over a medium heat and fry the sausages for 4 - 5 minutes until they have some colour.
- Add the onion and fry for 3 minutes, then add the garlic and sage and fry for a further 3 minutes, whilst stirring.
- Stir in the pumpkin and flour then add the tomato puree, honey, dijon mustard worcestershire sauce, cannellini beans, tinned tomatoes and stock. Season and bring to the boil.
- Wash the potatoes and prick the skins with a fork then place on a baking tray in the oven.
- Cover the casserole dish and bake in the oven for about 1 hour. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve with the baked potatoes.
Calories: 469kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 557mg | Potassium: 1852mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 18150IU | Vitamin C: 132.8mg | Calcium: 190mg | Iron: 7.2mg