Spanish Fish Stew
This is an easy, filling and tasty dish. You really do need to use fresh herbs or it will taste completely different. Use any white meaty fish such as sea bass, coley, pollack, haddock or cod.
- 2 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 2 red onions organic, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic organic, crushed
- 1 chilli peppers organic, deseeded and finely chopped
- 750 g new potatoes organic, diced 1cm cubes with skins left on
- 400 g chopped tomatoes organic, use tinned
- 500 ml vegetable stock organic
- 400 g cannellini, kidney or borlotti beans organic, fairtrade use tinned
- 600 g white fish fillets skinned, boned, cut bite sized chunks
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley organic, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint organic, chopped
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 4 tbsp soured cream organic, optional, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and fry the onions for 5 minutes, until soft.
- Add the garlic and chilli pepper and fry for 3 - 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, tomatoes and stock to the pan, bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the beans. Add to the pan together with the fish and most of the chopped herbs.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve the stew with the remainder of the herbs sprinkled over the top and a spoonful of soured cream (optional)
In a hurry or not all eating at the same time? This stew can be prepared in advance and re-heated as required. It can be frozen for 1 month.
Calories: 567kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 936mg | Potassium: 849mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1900IU | Vitamin C: 79.2mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 4mg