Stir Fry with King Prawns and Noodles
A Stir Fry is always quick and easy. Sprinkle over some cashew nuts which are packed with vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and add some extra sweet crunch to this dish. If you are looking for gluten free, some brands of soy sauce are gluten free.
- 400 g rice noodles organic, fairtrade
- 2 tbsp sesame oil organic
- 1 red chilli organic, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves organic, peeled and crushed
- 30 g root ginger organic, peeled and grated
- 250 g prawns MSC certified, peeled
- 250 g broccoli organic, cut into bite sized chunks
- 2 courgette organic, cut into matchsticks
- 2 pak choi organic, shredded
- 2 carrots organic, peeled and grated
- 3 tbsp Rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce organic, fairtrade
- 1 tbsp runny honey organic, fairtrade
- 250 g cashew nuts organic, fairtrade
- Cook the noodles as per the packet instructions, then drain and set to one side.
- Heat half the oil in a large wok or frying pan and stir fry the chilli, garlic and ginger for 1 minute. Add the prawns and stir fry until they turn pink. Remove from the pan and set to one side.
- Heat the remaining oil and fry the broccoli, courgette and pak choi for about 5 minutes or until it starts to soften.
- Mix the rice wine vinegar together with the soy sauce and honey and add to the pan together with the carrots.
- Return the prawns to the pan together with the noodles. Toss it all together for a few minutes until it is re-heated. Sprinkle the cashew nuts over the top and serve immediately.
In a hurry or not all eating together? The vegetables can all be prepared in advance, meaning you can have this on the table in less than 10 minutes.
Calories: 607kcalCarbohydrates: 53gProtein: 26gFat: 36gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 473mgPotassium: 1162mgFiber: 6gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 8500IUVitamin C: 162.5mgCalcium: 170mgIron: 7mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!