Summer Pasta Sauce with Tagliatelle
This is so tasty. You can cram 6 vegetables into this pasta sauce and it's great for freezing. If you need to disguise the vegetables, put it through the blender. I make large batches of this in the summer. It's great to have on standby for those days when you just don't have enough time.
- 2 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 1 aubergines organic, cubed
- 1 red onion organic, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper organic, de-seeded and diced
- 1 yellow pepper organic, de-seeded and diced
- 1 courgette organic, diced
- 12 nests tagliatelle organic, 3 nests per adult, 2 per child
- 500 g passata organic
- 1 tbsp sweet onion relish organic, optional
- 150 g spinach organic
- 40 g Parmesan cheese organic, grated, to serve (optional)
- Add the olive oil to a large pan and gently fry the onion until soft.
- Add the peppers, courgette and aubergine and fry for 7 - 8 minutes.
- Put the tagliatelle in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water and cook as per the packet instructions, then drain.
- Add the passata and sweet onion relish to the vegetables and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach 2 minutes before the pasta is ready.
- Serve the tagliatelle with the pasta sauce over the top and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
In a hurry or not all eating together? The sauce can be cooked in advance and re-heated when ready. If you are in a real hurry, use fresh tagliatelle which only takes a few minutes to cook.
Calories: 515kcal | Carbohydrates: 83g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 104mg | Sodium: 224mg | Potassium: 827mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 5600IU | Vitamin C: 188.1mg | Calcium: 190mg | Iron: 1.8mg