Summer Vegetable Stir Fry with Noodles
Lots of children love noodles and this stir fry is packed with colourful summer vegetables. You can use any veg in a stir fry so it's a good opportunity to use up any leftovers. If you are looking for gluten free, some naturally brewed soy sauces are gluten free as are many varieties of noodles.
- 250 g noodles organic, fairtrade
- 2 tbsp sesame oil organic, fairtrade
- 115 g green beans organic, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 carrots organic, peeled and cut into batons
- 2 courgettes organic, cut into thin batons
- 1 red pepper organic, sliced into strips & seeded
- 115 g mushrooms organic, sliced
- 4 spring onions organic, finely chopped
- 20 g fresh ginger organic, peeled and grated
- 100 g pak choi organic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce organic
- 2 tbsp Rice wine vinegar organic
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander organic, chopped (optional)
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions then drain and set to one side.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok, add the green beans and carrot and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the courgette, pepper, spring onions, mushrooms and ginger and stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the pak choi and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Mix the soy sauce, with the rice wine vinegar then add to the pan along with the noodles and stir constantly for 1 minute or until the noodles are coated.
- Add the chopped coriander and toss together. Serve immediately.
In a hurry or not all eating together? If you prepare everything in advance, you only need 6 minutes to cook this dish!
Calories: 365kcalCarbohydrates: 60gProtein: 13gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 559mgPotassium: 844mgFiber: 6gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 7671IUVitamin C: 75mgCalcium: 84mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!