Summer Vegetable Stir Fry with Noodles
Lots of children love noodles and this dish is packed with colourful veg. If you are looking for gluten free, some naturally brewed soy sauces are gluten free as are many varieties of noodles.
- 250 g noodles organic, fairtrade
- 2 tbsp sesame oil organic, fairtrade
- 115 g green beans organic, trimmed and cut in half
- 2 carrots organic, peeled and cut into batons
- 2 courgettes organic, cut into thin batons
- 115 g mushrooms organic, sliced
- 4 spring onions organic, finely chopped
- 20 g fresh ginger organic, peeled and grated
- 100 g pak choi organic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce organic
- 2 tbsp Rice wine vinegar organic
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander organic, chopped (optional)
- Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions then drain and set to one side.
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok, add the green beans and carrot and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the courgette, spring onions, mushrooms and ginger and stir fry for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the pak choi and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Mix the soy sauce, with the rice wine vinegar then add to the pan along with the noodles and stir constantly for 1 minute or until the noodles are coated.
- Add the chopped coriander and toss together. Serve immediately.
In a hurry or not all eating together? If you prepare everything in advance, you only need 6 minutes to cook this dish!
Calories: 218kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 18mg | Sodium: 448mg | Potassium: 637mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 143% | Vitamin C: 68% | Calcium: 8% | Iron: 12%