Summer Vegetable Tagliatelle
A really simple, healthy and quick Mediterranean dish. My kids love this and say that it is even better eaten the next day if there are leftovers.
- 2 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 2 red onions organic, peeled and diced
- 2 yellow peppers organic, deseeded, chopped about 1cm cubes
- 1 red peppers organic, deseeded, chopped about 1cm cube
- 1 courgettes organic, topped and tailed, chopped 1cm cubes
- 100 g mange tout organic, topped, tailed, sliced lengthways
- 12 nests tagliatelle organic, 3 nests adults, 1 - 2 children
- 1 lemons organic, fairtrade, juice of
- 10 g fresh basil leaves organic, freshly torn
- 50 g Parmesan cheese organic, grated, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and fry all the vegetables for 8 - 10 minutes until soft, stirring occasionally.
- At the same time, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water as per the packet instructions, then drain.
- Add the vegetables to the pasta together with half the lemon juice and all the basil leaves and stir together.
- Serve immediately. Add the remaining lemon juice at the table if you like and sprinkle with the parmesan cheese.
In a hurry or not all eating together? Prepare everything in advance. Cooking will only take around 10 minutes. If you need to save a portion for later, you can still cook the vegetables, set a portion to one side and re-heat when ready. Cook the pasta as you need it.
Calories: 486kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 233mg | Potassium: 542mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1550IU | Vitamin C: 352.3mg | Calcium: 190mg | Iron: 1.6mg