Thai Style Mackerel with Noodles
Mackerel is a delicious, nutritious and sustainable fish. This super quick noodle dish is a great way to enjoy it. You can buy gluten free soy sauce if you need to. The weight given for the mackerel fillets is a rough one. As it usually comes in packets, see what you can buy.
- 250 g noodles organic, fairtrade
- 200 g mangetout organic, trimmed and sliced lengthways
- 1 tbsp ground nut oil organic
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce organic
- 2 garlic cloves organic, peeled and crushed
- 1 limes organic, juice of half
- 8 spring onions organic, trimmed and sliced
- 1 red chilli organic, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 400 g smoked mackerel MSC certified, skinned broken into large flakes
- 10 g fresh coriander organic, leaves chopped
- Place a pan of water onto boil and cook the noodles as per the packet instructions. Add the mange tout to the pan for the last minute, then drain and return to the pan.
- Add the oil to a frying pan and fry the spring onions and red chilli for 2 minutes.
- Mix the soy sauce, garlic and lime juice together with a few tablespoons of water.
- Add the spring onions, chilli and flaked fish to the noodles. Pour over the sauce and toss everything together. Sprinkle with the coriander leaves, chop the remaining lime into wedges and serve.
In a hurry or not all eating together? You can't get much faster than this dish. You can prepare the ingredients in advance, but this is something I would cook if I was in a massive hurry. You can also enjoy this dish cold.
Calories: 339kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 31gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 78mgSodium: 784mgPotassium: 787mgFiber: 4gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1250IUVitamin C: 85mgCalcium: 90mgIron: 4.1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!