Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Sausage and Pumpkin Casserole
What to do with that pumpkin the kids have insisted you buy...this sausage casserole is a great crown pleaser and perfect for Halloween or bonfire night, or any cold autumn evening.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
- 2 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 8 thin pork sausages organic, cut in half
- 1 onions organic, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic cloves organic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh sage organic, chopped
- 1 pumpkin organic, small/medium, flesh cut into bite sized chunks
- 1 tbsp plain flour organic
- 1 tbsp tomato puree organic
- 1 tsp runny honey organic, fairtrade
- 1 tsp dijon mustard organic
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce organic
- 240 g cannellini beans organic, fairtrade, drained weight
- 400 g chopped tomatoes organic, tinned
- 500 ml chicken stock organic
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley organic, chopped
- 4 baking potaotes organic
Pre-heat the oven to 180°F/350°F/gas mark 4
Heat the oil in a large pan or oven proof casserole dish over a medium heat and fry the sausages for 4 - 5 minutes until they have some colour.
Add the onion and fry for 3 minutes, then add the garlic and sage and fry for a further 3 minutes, whilst stirring.
Stir in the pumpkin and flour then add the tomato puree, honey, dijon mustard worcestershire sauce, cannellini beans, tinned tomatoes and stock. Season and bring to the boil.
Wash the potatoes and prick the skins with a fork then place on a baking tray in the oven.
Cover the casserole dish and bake in the oven for about 1 hour. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve with the baked potatoes.
Calories: 469kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 557mg | Potassium: 1852mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 363% | Vitamin C: 161% | Calcium: 19% | Iron: 40%