Chickpea and Lentil Curry
This vegetarian curry is a favourite amongst many meat eaters! Chickpeas and lentils are traditional curry ingredients and this recipe is a great store cupboard favourite.
- 1 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 1 onions organic, peeled and diced
- 1 cloves garlic organic, crushed
- 3 tbsp korma curry paste organic
- 400 g chickpeas organic, fairtrade (pre- drained weight)
- 250 g red lentils organic, fairtrade
- 400 g reduced fat coconut milk organic
- 400 g chopped tomatoes organic, use tinned
- 300 g basmati rice organic, fairtrade
- 200 g spinach organic
- 1 lemons organic, fairtrade, juiced
- Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onion and garlic for 2 minutes over a medium heat.
- Stir in the curry paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, then add with the lentils, coconut milk and chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 30 minutes until the lentils are soft, stirring occasionally. Add a little water if necessary
- Put the rice on to cook as per the packet instructions.
- Stir the spinach and lemon juice through the curry and serve with the rice.
Not all eating at the same time or in a hurry? This curry can be prepared in advance and re-heated. It can be frozen for 3 months
Calories: 613kcalCarbohydrates: 83gProtein: 27gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gSodium: 339mgPotassium: 366mgFiber: 10gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 5300IUVitamin C: 49.5mgCalcium: 110mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!