Salmon and Spinach Lasagna
In an effort to speed things up, I've created this lasagna using creme fraiche rather than a white sauce. You still get a lovely creamy sauce, but with minimal effort which is somehow more satisfying.
- 10 g butter organic
- 400 g salmon fillets skinned and bones removed
- 200 g spinach organic
- 300 g low fat creme fraiche organic
- 1 lemons organic, fairtrade, juice of
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg organic, fairtrade
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 12 lasagna sheets organic
- 200 g mature cheddar cheese organic, grated or other hard cheese
- 320 g green salad organic, to serve
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/425°F/gas mark 7
- Melt the butter in a frying pan. Cut the salmon into bite sized chunks and fry for 1 - 2 minutes. Add the spinach and fry for a further 1 minute.
- In a bowl, mix together the creme fraiche, juice of half the lemons, nutmeg and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour one third of the sauce over the bottom of a lasagna dish. Add a layer of lasagna sheets Spread all the salmon and spinach mixture over the lasagna sheets and pour over another third of the creme fraiche mixture.
- Add another layer of lasagna sheets and spread the rest of the creme fraiche over the top. Sprinkle with the grated cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 35 - 40 minutes until the lasagna sheets are cooked. Check this by sticking a knife into the centre of the dish, you should feel little resistance.
- Chop the rest of the lemons into wedges and serve the lasagna with the green salad.
In a hurry or not all eating together? This dish can be assembled in advance and kept in the fridge for up to 24 hours. If you are doing this, allow the salmon to cool before you assemble it. Single portions can be re-heated. The cooked lasagna keeps in the fridge for up to 3 days, but doesn't freeze well due to the creme fraiche.
Calories: 370kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 647mg | Potassium: 566mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 8900IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 310mg | Iron: 3.1mg