Tray baked Fish with Tomatoes, Beans & Olives
Tray baked fish is a great, colourful summer dish and perfect for mid-week. You can prepare everything in advance and then it only needs 15 minutes in the oven.
- 700 g new potatoes organic, washed
- 460 g runner beans organic, trimmed and sliced lengthways
- 250 g cherry tomatoes organic, halved
- 160 g black olives pitted, drained, organic, fairtrade
- 2 tbsp olive oil organic, fairtrade
- 800 g white fish fillets about 200g - 225g each
- 10 g fresh basil leaves organic, torn
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash black pepper organic, fairtrade, freshly ground
- 2 lemons organic, fairtrade, halved
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas mark 7
- Bring a pan of lightly salted water to the boil and simmer the new potatoes for 10 minutes until almost tender.
- Blanch the runner beans by placing them in the water with the potatoes for the last 3 minutes, then drain all together.
- Place the runner beans, potatoes and tomatoes & olives in a large roasting tin, drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Give it all a gentle stir.
- Lay the fish steaks skin side down amongst the vegetables & add the lemon halves to the tray.
- Bake in the oven for around 15 minutes until the fish steaks are cooked all the way through.
- Scatter the basil leaves over the top and serve.
In a hurry or not all eating together? This dish can be prepared ready to go into the oven and stored in the fridge until needed. If storing for more than a few hours, keep the fish stored separately on ice to preserve its freshness.
Calories: 510kcalCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 47gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 100mgSodium: 762mgPotassium: 1811mgFiber: 10gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 1388IUVitamin C: 92mgCalcium: 130mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!